While iOS 4.3 is slated to be released next Friday, iOS developers – and savvy Google and torrent search engine users – can already download the final version of the OS. If you’re lucky enough to have access to the iOS 4.3 gold master firmware for your iPhone, and need some help to jailbreak your device after the update, this how-to is for you. As previously mentioned by iOSnoops, the jailbreak method is a little involving, but if you’re willing to give it a shot, the whole process should take less than 15 minutes. Also, if you’re looking for an untethered jailbreak method, you will have to wait until a new version of limera1n or greenpois0n is available, as for now, only tethered jailbreaks work with iOS 4.3. Hardware This method only works with Macs. We used a MacBook Air running Snow Leopard, but any Mac running some recent flavor of OS X should do the trick. You will need an iPhone 3GS or 4 running iOS 4.2.1, as well as the USB connector that came with your phone. Software
- The correct version of iOS 4.3 GM for your iPhone, build 8F190. Note that at this stage, only iOS developers are allowed to download the firmware, as it is not supposed to hit store shelves until Friday.
- iTunes 10.2 (available via Software Update)
- PwnageTool 4.2 (the link to the official torrent seed is available on the Dev-Team’s website).
- The Universal Ramdisk Maker (you can find it on iPhone Privacy’s website)
- Additional PwnageTool bundles for iOS 4.3 (same as above, available here)
- The tethered boot utility (available on Google Sites)