Late yesterday, Apple released a new iOS update for the second generation Apple TV. The new version of iOS, dubbed iOS 4.2.2 build 8F305, fixes bugs, improves the audio and video playback capabilities of the device, and improves the compatibility of the Apple TV with TVs and AV receivers. The software also offers better performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events. Complete changelog:
- Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos are not ordered by date.