Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
AccuTerra GPS Europe – GPS Tracking & Outdoor Maps for Hiking, Biking, Running, Skiing
AccuTerra shows your position and track on extremely detailed topographic maps which were specifically created and optimized for the iPhone. The AccuTerra Maps will be loaded once and can be used without Internet connection – great while roaming!
Already successful in the US, now also available for GERMANY, AUSTRIA and SOUTH TYROL. FIRST MAP download is included in the price.
★★★★★ 2009 APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER "Best iPhone OS 3.0 Beta App"
★★★★★ "Bottom line – if you have an iPhone and you hike, you should download AccuTerra." –ModernHiker.com
★★★★★ "The best GPS app for outdoor enthusiasts... because it works without a wireless connection." –AppStruck
★★★★★ "AccuTerra is ideal for biking and hiking enthusiasts" –GigaOM
ON-BOARD ACCUTERRA MAPS:
- High quality, state-of-the-art AccuTerra topo maps: easy to read, great for orientation
- Topographic raster maps with shaded relief and contour lines
- Thousands of km of trails, also in less frequented areas – feel free to compare to other digital or printed maps!
- Base scale is 1:25.000/50.000 with underlying data from BKG (Bundesamt für Kartographie und Geodäsie), NAVTEQ, Alpstein and elevation data from Intermap Technologies
- Optimized zoom levels and super fast rendering, map tiles especially made for the iPhone
- POIs are displayed on-demand, providing a clean map view
- On-board maps with fast and simple download: just select the desired area in the Map Store of the app
- Coverage: GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SOUTH TYROL – more areas and countries coming soon
- Record your tracks & waypoints – unlimited number of tracks and waypoints
- Take geo-coded pictures – unlimited number of pictures linked to your tracks
- Post your tracks and pictures on Facebook™ or send it via email for viewing in Google Maps™ or Google Earth™
- Import tracks via WiFi, BT, URL
- Real-time elevation profile and statistics
- Easily switch between AccuTerra Maps and Google Maps™ for satellite view
- AccuTerra Maps will be loaded once and can be used without Internet connection
- Uninstalling and reinstalling of maps is possible anytime
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.