Ranking - Entertainment (iPhone)
Ranking - Entertainment (iPad)
Amazon Instant Video
Prime members can watch exclusive Amazon Originals like Transparent - winner of two Golden Globes for "Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy" and "Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy" - the new hit show, Mozart in the Jungle, plus children’s series Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf. The service features dozens of groundbreaking series from HBO like The Sopranos and The Wire, plus early seasons of True Blood and Boardwalk Empire.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the Amazon Instant Video website.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on airplanes, road trips, or when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable.
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires iOS 6 or later and Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising breaks before and during video playback (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Instant Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
The Amazon Instant Video app requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream videos. Streaming over a cellular connection isn’t supported, but you can watch your downloaded videos without a Wi-Fi connection. The Amazon Instant Video app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
• Playback improvements for iOS 8
- ➜ Amazon Instant Video has average ratings (2.5-star).
- ➜ The app is free.
- ➜ Amazon Instant Video is currently ranked #4 in free Entertainment apps for iPhone, as well as #2 in free Entertainment apps for iPad.
- ➜ It is also the 91st most popular free iPhone app, as well as the 13th most popular free iPad app (all categories combined).