Ranking - Reference (iPhone)
Ranking - Reference (iPad)
Audubon Insects and Spiders – A Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders by Green Mountain Digital
The indispensable reference for over 500 insects and spiders. Featuring comprehensive photos and in-depth descriptions.
Parent Tested Parent Approved Award - Sept. 2010
Audubon Insects and Spiders is your introduction to the most common species of insects and spiders in North America. Created in affiliation with the National Audubon Society, this app features in-depth information on 509 species with high-quality photos.
*This guide does not include moths and butterflies, which can be found in Audubon Butterflies.
◆ Professional color photographs detailing every species with extraordinary clarity.
◆ In-depth descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on range, habitat, life cycle and much more.
◆ Real time availability, no matter where you are, even without an internet connection.
◆ ‘Journal’ feature allows you to track and annotate your personal sightings by location, and share with friends by email or Facebook.
◆ State-of-the-Art search functions:
- By first name, last name, and scientific name of every species
- By shape
- By order
- By multiple “advanced search” variables including shape, habitats, regions, colors and sizes
◆ Reference section includes information on finding insects, illustrated diagrams of insect and spider body plans, classifications, natural history and even how to start your own collection
◆ Created in Alliance with the National Audubon Society with a portion of sales supporting the mission of NAS
◆ From the leading publisher of nature and wildlife apps, our mobile field guides have received 22 special mentions and recognition in the iTunes store.
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of digital field apps created in alliance with National Audubon Society (NAS). For more information, please see: http://natureshare.com/home.html#apps.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Features 212 new species
• A personal ‘Journal’ allows you to track and annotate your sightings
• Now share observations with friends directly from the app by email or Facebook
• Link your Journal to a your Personal Nature Account on AudubonGuides.com
• Improved interface & performance
- Audubon Insects and Spiders – A Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders is a highly rated app (4-star).
- It is currently 20% off its regular price.
- Audubon Insects and Spiders – A Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders is currently ranked #276 in paid Reference apps for iPhone, as well as #96 in paid Reference apps for iPad.