Ranking - Travel (iPad)
Azul Media Player - Video player and downloader for your iPad (Vendetta) by Omar Mody
Never be bored on a plane or subway ride again. Enjoy your favorite videos right on your device without converting or needing a data connection. Azul is the only movie player that allows you to play almost any video format and with the built in downloader you can freely download movies and TV shows directly from the web on the go.
No need to bring your laptop either. Azul can import your videos from the Photos App that you imported using the camera connection kit.
NEEDT TO KNOW
• Extensive movie formats supported
• Open video email attachments from Mail app (yes the app integrates into the native mail program on your device as well as Safari)
• TV Out (read instructions below)
• Passcode lock
• Landscape lock while watching a movie
• Download videos directly (you must have a direct link to the video. If you are not sure, please email us and we will verify the site you want to download from before buying the app)
• iTunes File sharing sync
• Video Tutorials
• Subtitles (.srt) support
• Import videos from Photos App (Camera Roll) - Perfect for Camera Connection Kit users, 700MB video took about 5 mins to import on iPad2.
• "Two fingers" swipe gestures - Speed up video playback by 25% each time you "Swipe Right" on the video or "Swipe left" to slow down. "Two-finger double tap" on the video to shrink it. "Two-finger swipe-up/down" to change audio tracks if applicable.
• Custom video thumbnails
HD(720p) is supported *ONLY* on iPad2/3 for AVI MPEG-4 Video (XVID)
Windows Media Video (WMV) are supported.
Windows Media Video Screen (WMV Screen) - not supported.
• Introducing HTTP Streaming Video (Beta) - "Touch-n-Hold" a direct link to a video file to play without downloading. Try it with a video trailer and see how easy it is.
Note: No AC-3/E-AC-3/TrueHD audio support. We are working with Dolby to obtain a license.
Currently the following types of content is supported: 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv(non-hd), moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, wmv
Hold down the video attachment in your email for about 2 seconds and you will get a popup asking "Open in Azul". Select the option and the video will play in Azul.
Connect your iPad to your TV BEFORE playing a video. When you play the video Azul will automatically send video and audio to your TV when it detects an external screen connected when you begin to play the movie.
• AirPlay - Using mirroring on iPad2+ devices.
(Turn ON iPad mirroring http://i.tuaw.com/2011/10/13/ipad-mirroring-mode-on-your-appletv-2-how-to-do-it/)
Keep your kids or nosy friends from seeing your collection by using the passcode feature. The enter passcode box will appear anytime you leave the app (even while multi-tasking).
[WE HAVE AN EXCELLENT TUTORIAL FOR DOWNLOADING WITH AZUL ON THE APP SUPPORT PAGE AT http://www.gplexdb.com/azul.html]
This is ideal if you are traveling and need to add new content without having to use your computer or iTunes. You could use your hotel's Wifi or even your nearby coffee shop HotSpot to download new episodes or movies. No worries about downloading content on your computer first and then syncing.
ITUNES FILE SHARING (Video tutorial on support page)
Using the iTunes file sharing functionality you can put all your existing videos into Azul.
You can assign thumbnails to your videos, use PNG image-format eg. myvideo.avi myvideo.png (256x256)
Tutorials on our support page, we are open minded and open source like it should be details on http://www.gplexdb.com/azul.html
*** iPhone version also available ***
We strive for 100% customer satisfaction -- Send us an email at email@example.com and we'll be more than delighted to help.
• Added Ad-Blocker (off by default)
• Added support for vidhog.com, nowvideo.eu
• Fixed bug in playlist re-ordering
• Fixed bug in bookmarks re-ordering
• NEW Dot-Pattern Lock in addition to existing Pass-code lock for app
• Record video using 22 different filters
• Apply filters to your existing mp4 videos (tap little "globe" icon, tap "File Manager" button, select MP4 files and "Apply Filter")
• Save videos to Camera Roll (tap little "globe" icon, tap "File Manager" button, select MP4 files and "Send File", "Save to Camera Roll")
• Email video Bookmarks/Notes
• Tabbed browser, added support for additional file sharing site: 180upload, billionuploads, movereel, sharebees etc.
• Create multiple playlist
• Play videos in the background (off by default, tap settings icon, set "Backgroud Audio" to ON for this)
• Remote control events
• iOS6.x users can convert MP4 to MP3 (this takes longer than M4A process because MP3 is stereo)
Tap little "globe" -> "File Manager" -> select MP4 file -> choose "MP3" or "M4A"