Ranking - Sports (iPad)
Bracket Maker for the iPad by Jacques Romano
1) Easy to advance the winners. Just touch the player to advance.
2) Pair the players using seedings or by random assignments or by manual assignment
3) Create tournaments for 4 to 32 players depending on tournament type:
__* For single elimination brackets, the limit is 32 players.
__* For double elimination brackets, the limit is 32 players.
__* For Triple elimination brackets, the limit is 8 players.
__* For Round Robin tournaments, the limit is 16 players (multiple pools available).
__* For Consolation tournaments, you must use 8 players.
__* For Compass tournaments, you must use 8 players.
4) You can enter scores.
5) Load previously saved tournaments
6) Email or print your bracket display
7) Add players from your contact list.
8) Edit/erase mistakes
9) On single and double elim. tournaments, you enter game date and location.
10) You can setup doubles or partner play tournaments
11) Save bracket images to your photo album
12) Play unlimited number of round robin games. Also supports Ties!
Having this program on your iPad makes it perfect for on-site and real time updating of the brackets. No wi-fi or 3G needed. Print or email the results to participants when the competition is over.
Besides single, double elimination and triple elimination tournaments, you can also setup a consolation tournament where each team/player plays exactly three games. Plus you can create compass style tournaments.
The Round Robin style is limited to 16 players but is a great way to keep track of wins and losses and ties. The iPad does it for you! You can even have up to four pools in one tournament. The iPad automatically matches each team to ensure everyone plays around.
The program automatically adjusts the brackets for the number of players. Instead of showing "byes", it will automatically advance a player appropriately when the tournament is first setup. So, you can have 4 to 32 players. The program automatically adjust the brackets so you don't have to.
Plus, you can load player names from your contact list to save typing. You can start a new tournament with as little as 4 players. Then select Copy to start your tournament.
In the players list, you can re-arrange the order or delete an entry using the edit button. You can also edit a bracket after it is created.
The program supports multiple ways to setup bracket assignments.
a) Copy using seedings: it will put the names on the bracket based on seeding. (For example, Player ranked #1 plays player ranked #16)
b) Copy using random draws, it will randomize the pairings using your list of players/teams.
c) Copy using manual selection, it will put the selected player/team on the bracket in your selection order.
d) Copy using top 4 seedings will place top 4 seeds on separate bracket sections (so they meet in the later rounds) while randomizing the other player placements. This is often used for Tennis tournaments.
d) copy using partners will allow you set up doubles matches. Either random pairing or controlled pairing.
e) copy names in list order. Great feature if you want to completely control the assignments.
Features are constantly added. I want this to be the best tournament bracket program in the app store. Email support or visit facebook if you want to see a particular feature added or you have an issue. I can't respond to review comments.
See this program in action before buying it. View the youtube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97FPHVvnbA8
There are also more tutorial videos on youtube and the support website.
- In Round Robin play, you can have a tie. The program will keep track of wins/losses/ties. Enable it in the settings menu.
- You can now copy the player list to the brackets in the exact order they are listed.
* Fixed bug when odd number of players were copied over.
* Fixed bug where in triple elimination format, you couldn't get out of full screen mode
* Reduced the row size in the player list so that 16 players can be seen at once.