Ranking - Education (iPad)
Brainy Skills WH Game by A Brainy Choice, Inc.
This app was created, developed and written by a certified speech language pathologist with many years of hands on experience in a variety of settings from daycares, schools, and preschools….with a large variety of both younger and older school age children, both typically developing and special needs children. After seeing the difficulties and struggles with answering everyday Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How questions, the great need for a unique, motivating, fun, and exciting way to help improve these skills was obvious. There is a need to combine learning with fun in order to improve and increase motivation when learning WH questions and reading comprehension. As the questions increase in complexity, some children find it challenging to grasp the concepts and answer these questions. The game has been designed in such a way to give children examples to practice everyday scenarios and situations. This app can also be used for beginning readers practicing reading and comprehension skills, as well as middle and high school special needs students that need continued practice of comprehension and in a motivating enjoyable way, keeping them entertained and excited about getting challenged. Also, there are Brainy Bonuses that at times are tricky to teach, such as: inferencing, predicting, reasoning, problem solving, logic, cognitive skills, before and after, and more complex reading comprehension.
This is a simple to use game for learning. First read sentences about a situation, then answer a multiple choice question, while working your way up the scoreboard for points. It's that easy! Motivate your child to beat their score each time they play and get to the highest score.
Easy to adapt as needed by parents, teachers, and therapists for a variety of skill levels, and may be read aloud to your students if needed. Students can play on their own or with a caretaker, or assistant to guide them along and practice basic oral reading skills
• Students who need repetitive skill based exercises
• Reading comprehension skills review
• “WH” question target practice with increased or decreased complexity
• Problem solving with contextual clues and inferencing
• Skills in everyday situations and conversations
• Understanding and answering functional WH questions
• Featuring a variety of reasoning, prediction, sequential order questions and more……
This app is an excellent teaching tool for a variety of ages of children with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, developmental delays, and all language and speech delays.
• Over 100+ WH questions, always in random order
• 5 levels ranging from easy to difficult as the levels increase
• Motivationally animated voice feedback after responses for encouragement
• Brainy Bonus after every 5 correct questions
• Exciting game format
• Basic reading comprehension
Helps players improve reading comprehension skills while building confidence to score high!
Try Brainy Skills - WH Game for a limited time at the reduced rate, and make it easier to teach the 5 WH + How to your developing reader.