Ranking - Food & Drink (iPad)
Caramel Knowledge Cookbook
More a caramel-making workshop than a large collection of recipes, this iPad app features:
• A tantalizing selection of recipes, including Caramel Happiness (soft, cream caramel); Caramel Pecan Turtles (a classic); Chocolate Caramels (dipping caramels in properly tempered chocolate); Chocolate Caramel Bark (an original); Caramel Peanut Squares (perfection of a childhood favorite); Caramel Sauce (try it on Sue’s Extraordinarily Chocolate Torte, or on ice cream, or on a spoon...); Caramel Popcorn (great even without the prize inside!).
• Concise step-by-step instructions, organized to make them easy to follow while cooking.
• Video demonstrations accompany Sue’s easy written instructions.
• Suggestions for wrapping and storing caramels (if they don’t get gobbled up in the first five minutes!).
• Information on the nature of caramel plus Sue’s suggestions for selecting caramel-making ingredients and tools.
• Text large enough to be read at arm's length, so you can set your iPad on a stand in your kitchen while you cook.
• Retina display images.
"Finally, an app that takes the mystery out of making caramel and tempering chocolate. Fortunately, Sue Roberts, owner of Tickled Pink Chocolates, has chosen to share her delicious collection of stunningly sumptuous recipes that begin with soft buttery caramel. The elegant collection...will delight the beginner and experienced cook with easy step-by-step instructions and video. Caramel Knowledge will provide all you need to know about the possibilities of caramel."
- Dawn Ashbach and Janice Veal, authors of San Juan Classics cookbooks.
"If you want to create something truly special for family and friends and, of course, yourself, Sue Roberts of Tickled Pink Chocolates will show you how in this clear concise presentation of classic caramel and chocolate preparation. Once you meet Sue in the introduction, she will take you step by step to chocolate caramel nirvana...Once you’ve tasted these amazing creations, you will never be satisfied with boxed caramels again."