Ranking - Education (iPad)
Chinagram - Chinese Writing by Vallardi
Based on the book La scrittura cinese by Professor Yuan Huaqing, published in Italy by leading publishing house for languages, Vallardi, Chinagram offers you scrupulous content through an innovative graphic approach and the instant usability of the iPad.
With Chinagram you can:
- Get an overview of the fascinating history of Chinese writing, from its origins 3,600 years ago to modern day
- Understand the logic behind the way Chinese characters are pronounced, written, composed and classified.
- Learn to recognize and read over 170 characters.
- Practice writing each character by tracing it on the screen of your iPad.
- Discover the ideas that gave rise to the original characters and see their evolution over the centuries, through six successive historical periods.
- Listen to the correct pronunciation of each character.
- See each character's phonetic Pinyin transcription.
- Easily save and recall your favorite characters.
- Switch from one character to another, with suggestions based on related concepts, shapes or meanings.
- Learn more about Chinese culture and language, with examples of how each word in used in idioms and everyday conversation.
As the new millennium sees China as one of the fastest-changing countries in the world, an understanding of Chinese writing can give you deep insight into the roots of this emerging power. In fact, each ideogram is not only an example of calligraphic art, but also a distillation of the country's ancient values and traditional culture.
The application tells the story of Chinese writing, explaining its rationale and showing its beauty, sign after sign. Try your hand at ideograms and learn more about one of the great cultures of the Orient.
We have had a great first year: thousands of people have been inspired to discover the logic and beauty of Chinese characters, and many of you have contributed with comments, reviews, and suggestions.
As well as continuing to develop the app to give you the best experience possible, we have included a lot more content:
• 50 new characters for free, and even more available soon
• Chinagram is now available also in Spanish