Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
Ranking - Navigation (iPad)
Commander Compass Lite by Pavel Ahafonau
EVERY HARDWARE SENSOR IN USE
Turn your device into an advanced milspec gadget employing every sensor — GPS, digital compass, gyroscope, accelerometer and more.
3D COMPASS NAVIGATION
Don't get lost with the 3D compass navigation. Tag, find and track multiple locations, bearings, the Sun and the Moon and stars, in real time.
Find directions with the milspec compass operating in 3D space at any orientation. See direction hints to many targets at once, updated in real-time on the azimuth circle. Overlay compass maps to instantly see which way you are facing.
Reach unbelievable precision with the gyrocompass, just like in air or marine navigation. Forget compass interferences. Get a live compass on devices with no compass sensor.
Find and track your location, coordinates in geo and military formats, altitude, current and maximum speed and course. Use imperial, metric, nautical and military units.
Store all locations you will need later on, your car’s parking place, a hotel, a hidden treasure cache in the woods, that camping place near the lake — or anything else. Tag locations and bearings with a few taps. Select points from maps. Enter locations, bearings and stars manually, or use the built-in catalog of the brightest stars. Paste to import coordinates or map links. Find any target later with the built-in navigation tools. Find points on maps. Export by copying coordinates or links. Share locations using email.
Track the position of any location, bearing or star along with the Sun and the Moon in real-time. See objects through the Earth. See where objects are with the 3D compass. Track many objects at once. Choose the primary or other targets. Get object distances, azimuths and elevations.
Observe your and your targets’ positions on maps rotated automatically according to the current azimuth. See street, satellite or hybrid maps.
DON'T MISS OTHER COOL APPS
• Spyglass ~ augmented reality compass and GPS nav toolkit
• Scany ~ powerful network scanner for Wi-Fi/LAN/4G/3G
• Pilot's Path ~ TV Out & AirPlay optimized game with wireless controls
Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Happymagenta
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Happymagenta
More info at http://happymagenta.com/compass/
- Compatibility: iPod Touch 4/5, iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5 and all iPad models
- Compatibility: Optimized for the 4-inch Retina
- Compatibility: Enhanced for iOS 6.x
v. 3.3.8 adds many useful improvements, including:
- Sharing your current location and waypoints with SMS and Mail messages
- New URL schemes for sharing your location and waypoints
- Built-in coordinate converter for all supported formats
- Many extra geogrpahic and grid coordinate formats (see full description)
- Many extra short distance and length units (see full description)
- New and much simplier Quick Start Guide (available at our web site)
- Bugfixes and many minor improvements
Following coordinate formats are now fully supported through the entire app:
- Various DMS combinations (Degrees, Minutes, Seconds)
- Geocaching coordinate format (H DDD° MM.MMM')
- MGRS (WGS84) grid coordinates (1, 10 and 100m precision)
- UTM grid coordinates (with hemispheres and latitude bands)
- OSNG (BNG, OSGB36) grid coordinates
Following distance and length units are now fully supported:
- Meter (m) and kilometer (km)
- Foot (ft), yard (yd), mile (mi), nautical mile (nmi, nm)
- Survey foot (s.ft), rod (rd), chain (ch), furlong (fur)
Sharing your location and waypoints
Long tap (tap and hold) the main app screen for a current location menu – send your current location coordinates and URL link via Mail, SMS or Messages – saved waypoints can be sent from detail views using export menus.
You may now choose the coordinate and URL format to send in settings – send the location or waypoint information using the format supported by an app on the other end, so your wife or mate could just tap the link to start navigating to your location.
You may also copy coordinates or links in any of supported formats from Mail, SMS, web pages or anywhere – then just paste them into the app – it understands everything it sends or exports.
Units, formats and coordinate converter
Units and all coordinate systems aren’t just simply supported – whenever the app asks you to enter location coordinates, or distances, or sizes you may use any of supported formats or units and your input will be automatically converted into the current format – you may also launch the built in coordinate converter using the “(i)” menu.
When you need to type in location coordinates using a different coordinate system, or to type in distances or sizes using different units, there is no need to reconfigure the app – just type or paste using that different coordinate format or units.
Use any of DMS formats for either geodetic latitude or longitude. When you need to enter grid reference coordinates or both the latitude and longitude coordinates into a single field – use any of supported formats. For distances and sizes just follow the number with the unit abbreviation – type “10 yd 1 ft” and it will be automatically converted into your current units.
Fetch the new Quick Start Guide from our website at http://happymagenta.com