Ranking - Weather (iPhone)
Ranking - Weather (iPad)
Dark Sky - Weather Radar, Hyperlocal Forecasts, and Storm Alerts
(Dark Sky is available in the US, UK and Ireland.)
YOUR WEATHER, DOWN TO THE MINUTE
Using GPS, Dark Sky is able to create forecasts for your precise location, giving you minute-to-minute predictions for the next hour and detailed forecasts for the next day and week.
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER ANIMATIONS
The same technology that powers Dark Sky’s predictions also allows us to make the world’s first perfectly smooth radar animation. Other apps show you a chunky slideshow that makes it nearly impossible to tell how storms are moving. But Dark Sky’s radar animation lets you see the actual path of the storm: how it moved in the past, and where it’s going in the future.
Dark Sky can send you an alert before it starts raining at your exact location. Even if you haven't opened the app in days, Dark Sky will know when you're in the path of a storm.
1) Fixed a bug related to notifications failing to be sent.
2) Switched UK units to using miles rather than kilometers -- you folks over there are even weirder than us Americans when it comes to units.
3) Fixed the "all radar stations are down" problem some users reported.
4) Disabled dumb-auto-correct for location searches.
5) A number of other little things too trivial to enumerate.
- ➜ Dark Sky - Weather Radar, Hyperlocal Forecasts, and Storm Alerts is a good, 3.5-star app.
- ➜ Dark Sky - Weather Radar, Hyperlocal Forecasts, and Storm Alerts is currently ranked #4 in paid Weather apps for iPhone, as well as #5 in paid Weather apps for iPad.
- ➜ It is also the 178th most popular paid iPhone app (all categories combined).