Ranking - Weather (iPhone)
Ranking - Weather (iPad)
Dark Sky - Hyperlocal Weather, Radar, and Storm Alerts
(Dark Sky is available in the US, UK and Ireland.)
YOUR WEATHER, DOWN TO THE MINUTE
Using GPS, Dark Sky is able to create forecasts for your precise location, giving you minute-by-minute predictions for the next hour and hour-by-hour forecasts for the next day and week.
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER ANIMATIONS
The same technology that powers Dark Sky’s predictions also allows us to make the world’s first perfectly smooth radar animation. Other apps show you a chunky slideshow that makes it nearly impossible to tell how storms are moving. But Dark Sky’s radar animation lets you see the actual path of the storm: how it moved in the past, and where it’s going in the future.
Dark Sky comes with advanced notification options: Receive down-to-the-minute alerts before it starts raining at your exact location, get notified of government severe weather alerts (for such things as thunderstorms, flooding, hurricanes, etc), or even create your own custom notifications covering the next 24 hours for things like temperature, wind, precipitation and more. Even if you haven't opened the app in days, Dark Sky will tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it.
The Dark Sky Notification Center Widget tells you at a glance what's going to happen in the next hour, so you don't even have to unlock your phone to quickly check the weather before heading out.
Dark Sky looks great on your wrist. Get notifications and check out the weather for the next week with the Dark Sky app built from scratch for Apple Watch.
- Added link to FAQ / Support in Settings.
- Added "hail" to the list of things you can report to us.
- Added a delete button to location search items, since seemingly no one knows about swipe-to-delete.
- Added option to view "Feels Like" temperature on Apple Watch, plus some Watch bug fixes.
- Other miscellaneous stuff.
- ➜ Dark Sky - Hyperlocal Weather, Radar, and Storm Alerts is a highly rated app (4.5-star).
- ➜ Dark Sky - Hyperlocal Weather, Radar, and Storm Alerts is currently ranked #2 in paid Weather apps for iPhone, as well as #3 in paid Weather apps for iPad.
- ➜ It is also the 40th most popular paid iPhone app (all categories combined).