Ranking - Utilities (iPhone)
Drive Safe Mode by Text Safe Teens
This application requires a one time payment of $2.99.
The app's features include:
* Full parental or third party monitoring of all phones under the account.
* Notified via email if vehicle operator attempts to deactivate or bypass the app.
* Notified via email if vehicle operator is using device for texting, email, internet or any other unauthorized feature of the phone while in motion.
* Ability to set emergency numbers such as "Mom", "Dad", etc; 911 will be standard.
* Create an account online or via your phone in minutes.
This application was created by a parent concerned with his own addiction to distracted driving. This addiction not only included texting, but also emailing, Facebook, the Internet, checking sports scores, playing games and any and every application on his phone. Lacking the self control and discipline to be safe, he wanted to give his young children (ages 13 and 11) the ability to control and monitor his use of the features on his phone that were so dangerous. He also realized, that not only could this application help himself and his family, but it could help parents with teen drivers, husbands and wives that wanted to help each other be safe while driving themselves with their children, and everyone else that has trouble fighting this life-threatening temptation.
This patent-pending app was designed with only one thing in mind - protect our teenage drivers. It later evolved into a tool to not only help keep teenage drivers focused on the road, but to keep all drivers from being distracted.
The founders next mission was to help non-profit and community organizations get their message out about the dangers of distracted driving. Starting in November 2011, all non-profits that promote the Drive Safe Mode app will receive a revenue share from the app downloads. This is aimed to help get the message out to their local communities.
The founder was approached by schools, college alumni groups, churches, and PTA organizations to promote the app and its benefits to the direct organizations they influence. To date, dozens of organizations are receiving revenue for the win win partnerships.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We recommend a the use of a car charger when using this application.