Ranking - Reference (iPhone)
Ranking - Reference (iPad)
English Thesaurus by Word Magic Software
One of the largest collections of synonyms and antonyms featuring pronunciation, it includes not only single terms but phrases and complete colloquial proverbs. This wide-ranging collection of terminology is intended to be a professional writing aid for native speakers and a reliable tool for those learning the language. Internet connection needed only for voices and spell-check.
What makes this English Thesaurus unique?
• The fact that you may enter set phrases, not only single terms, as valid entries.
• The fact that you may obtain synonyms of parts of speech usually not included in other thesauri, such as exclamations, prepositional phrases and idiomatic verbs. Even proverbs have their synonyms!
• The sheer number contained in the database, no less than 1,141,000 synonyms and 288,000 antonyms, is not equaled by any book in existence.
• Meaning Descriptors to help distinguish between the different word meanings.
• Strict coherence of each synonym set. Transitive verbs yield only transitive synonyms. Intransitive verbs yield intransitive synonyms. Meanings and connotations of words are never mixed.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards in American and British English.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox
• Embedded Tutorial.
• You may now enter plurals as valid entries.
• Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words and offers close suggestions.
* Please note this is a Thesaurus and therefore includes only English synonyms, no translations nor verb conjugations. Our General Reference Dictionary includes all those.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
* Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox
* Minor bug fixes
* NEW APP! Unique Side-by-Side English-Spanish Verb Conjugator - Check out the newest release from WordMagic Soft