Ranking - Music (iPad)
From the moment you launch the app, you’ll see how forScore puts your music front and center. Don’t let the interface’s simplicity fool you, though—forScore has an arsenal of tools ready to help you turn practice into performance. Create links to handle repeats with a single tap, play along to an audio track, and use half-page turns to see the bottom half of the current page and the top half of the next one at the same time, removing jarring transitions once and for all.
Thanks to forScore’s ability to download virtually any PDF file directly from the web or Dropbox, it’s not only the best music reader around, it’s also the world’s library of sheet music—just millimeters thick. Keep those scores organized by tagging your files and let forScore do the rest with its dynamic menus that are always up to date. You can also create, share, and play through setlists for a fully manual approach to grouping and arranging your files.
And when it comes to annotation, forScore's flexibility is unparalleled. Create and edit an unlimited number of drawing presets, add text to your page with adjustable formatting, and add common musical notation symbols with our unique stamps feature (you can even draw or import your own designs). When you're done, share your files and annotations with friends via email, Bluetooth, AirDrop, or print them out with AirPrint!
Under the hood, you'll notice forScore's finely-tuned algorithms that use every millisecond of downtime without ever getting in your way. They keep your library organized, make page turns virtually instantaneous, and even learn from you to give you the best possible experience.
That's just the beginning—be sure to visit forscoreapp.com to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best.
"The iPad, with an app like ForScore, is kind of the ultimate sheet music machine, no?" -Gizmodo
Experience a whole new forScore, redesigned from the ground up exclusively for iOS 7. With distinctive layers, delightful animations, and cleaner visuals, we’ve worked hard to reconsider not just what forScore looks like, but how it feels. It’s dynamic, kinetic, and more precise than ever before, and it all melts away when you’re ready to play. That’s just the start, though—forScore 6 also includes these and dozens of other new features and enhancements:
• Organize your scores more broadly by creating libraries and assigning scores to one or more of them
• View embedded PDF annotations, including hyperlinks, markup, text, shapes, and more
• Use Cue to broadcast page turns and/or program changes to nearby iPads for no-fuss coordination
• Edit your forScore library from any desktop computer with Console, our brand new web interface
• Add and sort by key for each piece in your library for even greater browsing flexibility
• Estimate the duration of your scores to help you gauge the overall length of setlists
• Assign multiple tracks to scores and take advantage of AirPlay, available right from the media box
• Automatically turn off the metronome after a set number of measures
• Tint stamps to use any color on the fly and really make your annotations stand out
• Share files with flexibility using AirDrop, Messages (for text setlists), and more
• Create annotated PDFs with our improved renderer (and even upload them directly to Dropbox!)
• Map keyboard shortcuts and page turner pedal presses to common actions