Ranking - Reference (iPhone)
Ranking - Reference (iPad)
• Translate 90 languages
• Converse naturally and let Google translate
• Translate with your voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting
• Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
• View dictionary results for single words or phrases
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Novosibirsk Metro image by Wikipedia user Sskz, used per the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
• Improved support for the VoiceOver screen reader.
• Word Lens: Just point your camera to a sign or text and the Translate app will instantly translate the text, even without Internet/data connection. Currently available in: English ⇄ French, English ⇄ German, English ⇄ Italian, English ⇄ Portuguese, English ⇄ Russian, English ⇄ Spanish.
• Camera Mode: Snap a photo, highlight the text, and get a translation. Currently available in 36 languages.
• Automatic language detection in speech/conversation mode - start translating with speech input and Translate will recognize which of the two languages is being spoken, allowing you to have a more fluid conversation with another person.