Ranking - Education (iPhone)
Ranking - Education (iPad)
Let the discussion begin
• Students participating in private courses can pose questions on the course or any post or assignment
• Other students in the class can jump into the discussion and ask more questions or provide answers
• Teachers and students can keep up with the conversation when they receive push notifications as the discussion progresses
Free courses in a wide array of subjects
• Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
• See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
• Take course notes in class, or while playing audio or video lectures inside of iTunes U
• Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and iBooks textbooks
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
The world’s largest catalog of free education content
• Choose from more than 750,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
• Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 30 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, LaTrobe University, University of Tokyo, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
Create courses on iPad
• Teachers can now create and update their courses using the iTunes U app on their iPad—getting started is fast, simple, and completely free
• Provide every student a course outline, write posts, distribute assignments, upload class materials, easily track participating students, and much more
• Take advantage of the built in camera on iPad to easily capture photos or videos and upload them for course assignments
• Create materials using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote—or other apps from the App Store—and add them to your course by using "Open in iTunes U" from within each app
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions have the option to publish their courses to the iTunes U Catalog—making them available to everyone for free
• Participating in courses require iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later
• Creating courses require iPad with iOS 7 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 10.5.2 or later is required to sync with a computer
- ➜ iTunes U is a highly rated app (4-star).
- ➜ The app is free.
- ➜ iTunes U is currently ranked #2 in free Education apps for iPhone, as well as #1 in free Education apps for iPad.
- ➜ It is also the 8th most popular free iPhone app, as well as the 9th most popular free iPad app (all categories combined).