Ranking - Medical (iPhone)
Ranking - Medical (iPad)
LabDx by Driftwood Consulting Ltd.
Tests are arranged into categories by organ system or type of analyte. They can also be searched alphabetically. Each test displays:
Reference range (normal values)
- both conventional and SI units
- includes pediatric ranges for hematology tests
- values are from a major academic medical center
Causes for increased and decreased values
- arranged in a logical manner to help you learn and remember
- supports diagnostic reasoning
Brief description of the test
- describes what the test measures
- includes information on ordering and interpretation
External link to Lab Tests Online (www.labtestsonline.org)
- award-winning, peer-reviewed website on laboratory testing
- authoritative source for patients and medical professionals
You can add your own information for each test by tapping the Notes button. Customize each test to include all the details you need to know for rounds, diagnostic workups, and patient conferences.
Tutorials are another unique feature of LabDx. These are short, focused articles that deal with a single topic. Some tutorials describe general concepts related to laboratory testing - others give an approach to a clinical problem. You can think of them as lecture notes, edited to provide the essential information as clearly as possible.
Here are a few of the comments we have received:
"I really love this app and use it in my daily practice as a GP."
"It has proven to be an essential medical resource for me in my profession as a nurse educator."
"I use your app constantly - best of breed."
Whether you are a health sciences student or a practitioner in the field, this app will help you to understand lab tests. More information is available on our website - please contact us if you have any questions.
The following panels are included:
- Acute hepatitis panel
- Arterial blood gases
- Basic metabolic panel
- Complete blood count
- Comprehensive metabolic panel
- Electrolyte panel
- Hepatic function panel
- Lipid panel
- Renal function panel
There is also a tutorial that explains why test panels are ordered and gives the sample required for each panel.