Ranking - Business (iPhone)
Ranking - Business (iPad)
LearnChinese - Find Chinese Vocabulary Words in Articles for You
(formerly named as iReadChinese)
Translate & Learn Chinese Text between 20+ languages with vocabulary & voice sentence by sentence.
Calling all Chinese learners!
The IQChinese LearnChinese app is designed to help learners of Mandarin Chinese be able to quickly and easily access vocabulary while reading long articles or texts. LearnChinese allows you to access emails, ebooks, articles, etc. from within the app. Users can then see the character, its pinyin, translation, and HSK part of speech. Users also have the ability to:
• Star vocab they don’t know and save it into their own, personal vocab list
• Have the vocab word or the entire article read out loud – great for listening practice
• Adjust how much of the page is taken up by vocab and how much is article
• Access sample texts to practice with
• Access their vocabulary list offline - speaking and translate features need internet
As well as access the settings menu to:
• Switch between Traditional and Simplified characters
• Change the number of times the speaker repeats
• Adjust what vocabulary information they see
• Change the language they translate to
• And many more customizable features!
The app will translate articles to the language of your choosing, but it uses Microsoft translate to do so. This means that the translations will not be entirely accurate (or entirely readable) and do not reflect the work of IQChinese Corp. or its affiliates.
● Translate & Learn Chinese Vocabulary.
Analyzes Chinese words and displays 1~4 character vocabulary words with Pinyin (Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional), Alternative Pinyin, Alternative Vocabulary, English and HSK (Chinese Proficiency test) fields.
It does not require internet connection while analyzing vocabulary.
● Mark "Starred Text" or "Starred Vocabulary" to record your favorite words.
You can go back and study later.
● Translate between Chinese and 30+ languages sentence by sentence.
Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
● Uses Microsoft Translator services.
It requires internet connection to use the speaking & translating functions.
● Translates copy & pasted text, or keyed in text.
Key in text from the keyboard, or copy Chinese words, phrases, and sentences from another App (such as Mail, Pages, Safari, GoodReader,…). Copied text will be pasted automatically, and then it will be translated with vocabulary & voice sentence by sentence.
The app supports the Apple Wireless Keyboard and iOS 5 split keyboard for Apple iPad.
● Translate the whole page from the beginning.
Translate the whole Chinese document with vocabulary & voice from the beginning to the end sentence by sentence.
● Translate highlighted words.
Translate highlighted words in the Chinese document with vocabulary & voice sentence by sentence.
● Support multiple document types.
- Microsoft Office: Word (doc, docx), Excel (xls, xlsx), PowerPoint (ppt, pptx, pps)
- Apple iWork: Pages (pages), Numbers (numbers), Keynote (key)
- eBook (epub)
- Text (text, txt), RTF document (rtf)
2. Enhance SpeakText and SpeakEnglish Add-ons features.
- Bears face animation (you can choose bears and humans face animation).
- Better speaking face effect.
- Add speaking aloud paragraph by paragraph option. (You can choose paragraph by paragraph and sentence by sentence.)
- Speak from the last sentence automatically.