Ranking - Lifestyle (iPhone)
MacJournal for iPhone by Mariner Software
Introduced for the Mac in 2005 and the iPhone in 2010
(and the iPad version shortly thereafter) MacJournal for
iPhone 1.5 offers an even greater opportunity to
document important life events while on the go. It's no
wonder MacJournal is the world's most popular
journaling app for the Mac.
Out and about?
You know what we mean. Run here. Run there. And in
between all that running, events happen. Then, when
you’re able to stop and take a breath, you think to
yourself, “Now, what was that thing that happened?
I wanted to write it down.” – only to realize that you
forgot what it was.
Now you don’t have to wait to until you sit at your desk
to make an entry in your journal. MacJournal for iPhone
gives you the ability to record an event or that special
Organize, chronicle and edit your important information
fast and on the fly. Best of all, unlike other journaling
apps out there, you can blog to any of the popular blog
sites using MacJournal. Not a blogger? Use MacJournal
on its own or share your MacJournal data over the cloud
with your other MacOS and iOS devices. Even share
documents via iTunes. Whichever way, MacJournal has
WITH MACJOURNAL YOU CAN:
-Create entries in multiple journals
-Attach images to your entries
-Manage multiple MacJournal documents, that can reside on your device, on DropBox or on iCloud
-Share entries to Facebook and Twitter
-Blog from your journal on your iPhone or iPod
Touch to one of a list of popular servers such as
Blogger, Wordpress, Tumblr and Posterous
-Set a passcode to lock your data upon opening
-Have consistent and familiar look and feel on
both iPhone version and Mac version
-Search or browse entries by using the search
field at the top of each journal screen
-Create numbered or bulleted lists
-Journal in either landscape or portrait mode
***Sharing data with MacJournal for Mac OS via
Dropbox requires MacJournal for Mac OS 6.0.6 or
higher. MacJournal for Mac OS 6.0.6 or higher is also
recommended for sharing data via wifi sync with.
Requires iOS 5.0 or later, iOS 6 or higher is
- Fixed issue with sync code showing up on every sync
- Added more data security for Dropbox
- Fixed issue with Sync button not appearing in some circumstances
- Fixed issue reading Thai characters.
- Added support for syncing encrypted journals from Mac.
- Added lock button for journals.
- Added top level date and tag automatic smart journals.
- Added TextExpander support.
- Improved formatting when downloading entries from a blog.
- Improved date formatting in the journal list.
- Enabled file sharing through iTunes.
- Added support for multiple documents on the device.
- Added support for Dropbox documents.
- Added support for iCloud documents.
- Added support for attachments to entries, either synced or
obtained on the device. Can be sent to blogs.
- Added calendar view to top-level sources.
- When editing text, the metadata will hide to show more text.
- Added pref to save current location with new entries,
including mapping the location.
- Added button to insert a tab to the keyboard toolbar.
- Added Tumblr blog support.
- Added Posterous blog support.
- Added "Bradley Hand" as a font choice.
- Added more sorting options for journals.
- Added sorting options for tags.
- Added blog options like escape non-ASCII characters and
- iOS 6 support for sharing activities (Twitter, Facebook,
- Added an Info button to the journal list to change settings
on the viewed journal.