Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
MAP AND GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES:
• Voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation
• Real-time traffic updates and automatic reroutes based on traffic conditions
• Alternative routes optimized with traffic and road closures taken into account
• Ability to compare cost and ETA from a variety of transportation options like Uber and car2go**
• Share ETA and location with friends and family
• Save your favorite locations to easily get where you want to go
DO MORE THAN GET DIRECTIONS:
• See what’s nearby by searching for categories like restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. with our layers bar
• Book nearby hotels directly from the MapQuest app
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• Browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Transit currently available in Denver and Washington D.C with new cities coming soon
** Where Uber and car2go services are available
Sometimes less is more. That’s why we’ll only show your next-next maneuver if it’s coming up quickly. You have enough to focus on while driving so we’re keeping it simple for you by only showing you need-to-know information.
The white bar at the top of your screen used to slowly scroll between your ETA and the distance from your destination. However, we don’t want you to wait for what you want to see. Now you can check your ETA, distance from destination, and how many minutes are left in your route all at once - no waiting for the bar to scroll necessary (or recommended).
We’ve already made it easy to quickly get directions to the places you go most, but we’re making it even easier (one tap easier to be exact). Now you can select your saved Home and Work addresses after tapping “Find Places" instead of only finding them under “Favorites.”
Have you ever thought, “Wait, am I speeding? Why aren’t there any speed limit signs?? The police will believe me if I said I didn’t know, right?” Now Speed Warnings will be in the corner of your screen by default! Our app one-ups your speedometer by telling you the current speed limit as well as whether you’re speeding or not - no mental math required.
We also made it so tacos magically appear every time you finish a route. No we didn’t. Just checking if you’re still reading. Congrats, you passed!
And as always, we fixed bugs and made search and data improvements so you can have the smoothest driving experience possible.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Glowing praise that will make everyone here at MapQuest smile? Let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.