Ranking - Medical (iPhone)
Ranking - Medical (iPad)
Medscape by WebMD
Our mobile app is used by over 3 million healthcare professionals and was the #1 most downloaded free app in the medical category in iTunes for 2010 (Source: iTunes).
Medscape apps for iPhone and iPad are available free.
- Medical news and critical alerts available in 34 specialty areas (updated daily). Select the specialties you want to follow.
- Search our entire Medscape News and MEDLINE databases right in app
- Ability to save articles, email articles, and share articles on Facebook
- Prescribing & safety information for 8,000+ brand & generic drugs, OTC drugs, and herbals & supplements
- Drug interaction checker (input up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements at once)
- Save commonly searched drugs to a personalized ‘saved’ list for easy access
- Special features include pill images, detailed drug pricing, pregnancy & lactation guidelines, and more
Diseases, Conditions & Procedures:
- 4,000+ evidence-based articles authored by leading physician experts (supported with images and videos)
- 600+ step-by-step procedure videos
- 100+ tables & protocols
- Sections include pathophysiology, epidemiology, differential diagnoses, workup, treatment, medication options, and more
-129 medical formulas, scales, and classifications
-Over 600 drug monographs with integrated dosing calculators
-Formulas, detailed notes and references for each result
-Supports US and SI Units
Clinical reference database and drug interaction checker can be accessed from anywhere without an Internet connection.
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
- Vast selection of CME/CE activities in 32 specialty areas
- Search our entire collection of CME/CE activities right in app
- Ability to save activities, email activities, track credits earned, and more
PLUS MUCH MORE...
- You asked. We delivered. Our clinical content updates now happen automatically in the background when you are on Wi-Fi or your cellular network. No more prompts or waiting for data to download. (To get automatic updates over your cellular network, go to Settings and turn on ‘Update Over Cellular’.)
- New design for iPhone and iPad