Ranking - Entertainment (iPad)
Learn. Paint. Happiness.
Here's what users are saying about Nature Painter:
"Fantastic! ... I have painted in the Bob Ross style before and this is very close to it!" -- DJCole124 (App Store US)
"...don't think about it just get it!" -- Skelamar (App Store UK)
"Wow!!!" -- Pontolix (App Store Italy)
Nature Painter is a world-class digital oil painting simulator with simple tutorials that will teach you the basics of landscape painting. It is intended for all levels of skill and experience. Whether you're a novice painter or professional artist, you'll find that Nature Painter is a fun yet powerful app.
Life can be overwhelmingly stressful at times. I developed Nature Painter as a way for people to take time out and get away from it all. Your stress will fade as you paint a setting sun, and your worries will fly away as you create a clear blue sky. So, take a deep breath and get ready to paint something beautiful and amazing.
Developing this app has been a labor of love over ten years in the making, and I hope that it brings you a great deal of joy. Try it out, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Very truly yours,
J. Marvin, also known as The Nature Painter
* Simple yet powerful digital painting
* Five quick tutorials to cover the fundamentals of painting nature
* Easy to use toolbar interface
* Seven brushes and tools including the liner brush, flat brush and palette knife
* Simulated bristles for realistic brush tapping
* Taper option for liner brush
* Dry brush for blending and smoothing
* Dry palette knife for scraping
* Ability to mix paints for streak effects
* 100 levels of undo/redo
* Saving your painting will also save your tool and color palette settings
* Two finger zoom and scroll
* Share paintings by email
* Export paintings to Photos
* OpenGL-based rendering engine
If you enjoy this app, please remember to rate it!
• Email Tutorial - Share your tutorial with friends
• Submit Tutorial - Send your tutorial to us and share it with the world
• "Open In" menu support for tutorial files - Open tutorials downloaded from the web or received through email
• Retina Support - High resolution user interface and larger canvas size for Retina capable devices
• Other minor fixes and improvements
We are really excited about the new Tutorial Creation feature, and we hope that you have a great time making your own replayable masterpieces. We are trying to build an online, community-based tutorial library so if you have a tutorial you are proud of, please consider submitting it to us to share with the world. Sharing tutorials is a great way to teach others and also gain exposure as an artist. Cheers!