Ranking - Productivity (iPhone)
Ranking - Productivity (iPad)
Nocs™ — text editor with Dropbox and Markdown by WISD
Well integrated with Dropbox, Markdown, and a simple text editor, Nocs makes you love your text files.
Text files are cross-platform and highly interoperable. Working with text files means you are not locked into any proprietary file format or database. Simple, is powerful.
## Dual Access: on Device & in the Cloud
• Dropbox cloud service
- access all folders
- flexible sharing
• Local file system
- fast, secure, and off-line
- copy³ & move files from/to Dropbox
- auto backup to iCloud
## Markdown Support: not an Afterthought
• Text shown as rich document with on-the-fly conversion
• Easily author documents with structure, formatting, hyperlinks, pictures, etc.
- with only a simple text editor
- export as HTML with many options
• Two levels of CSS support: global default, folder custom
• Selectable file name extensions: you control what gets converted
## Browse With Ease ##
• Marked & Recent Folders¹ for easy browsing
• Clean "table of contents"-style listing, yet detail info is only a tap away
• Markdown files shown formatted & styled
• Web Browsing mode
• View many other kinds of documents:
- iWork: Numbers, Pages, Keynote
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- PDF, RTF
- pictures: PNG, JPEG, etc.
- movies: MOV, etc.
• Unicode: international characters ready
## Create & Edit at Will ##
• New with template: pre-filled with current time-stamp, etc...
• Quick jotting, ready when you are
• No-Break Space (NBSP) support²: maybe the only editor that can preserve and insert them
• Font selection
• One-tap preview: Markdown, HTML
• TextExpander support
• Selectable keyboard styles: for typing URL, e-mail address, etc.
• Hardware keyboard support: utilize the full screen for content
## Organize Well ##
• Capable file manager
- nested folders: as structured as you want
- copy³ & move, even across Dropbox & local
- rename, create, delete
• Revisions browsing & Restore³ (for Dropbox files)
• Get sharable links³ (for Dropbox files & folders)
- even streamable URLs
• Inbox support: open files from other apps
- then optionally upload to any Dropbox folder
• iTunes file sharing via USB or Wi-Fi
• Smart handling of file name extensions
Just the Beginning...
Thank you for your interest in Nocs. This is just a release one, a solid basis for much more to come.
The WISD Team
¹²³: Extra features available in the in-app store: ¹Browse Pack, ²Edit Pack, ³Organize Pack, and the Power Pack that includes the three.
If you like Nocs, please rate or review it after each update. This will help others to discover Nocs and in turn support its continued development. Thank you!
- new Revisions Restore (for Dropbox files)
- new Get Link (for Dropbox files & folders)
- Info view: Copy for properties, shrinkable list
- VoiceOver improvements
- many other improvements
See [Release Notes] for more.
[Release Notes]: http://news.wisd.com/tagged/Release_Notes