Ranking - Utilities (iPhone)
Ranking - Utilities (iPad)
Featured in: TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Guardian & others.
• Internet access tunneled over the Tor network:
- Websites do not see your real IP address.
- ISPs and insecure wireless networks cannot see your browsing.
- Access .onion websites -- anonymous "hidden service" sites only accessible through Tor.
- Can access websites, even behind simple types of internet filters and censors. (See NETWORK RESTRICTIONS below.)
• Defeat online tracking: change IP address and clear cookies/history/cache/localstorage in one button.
• User-Agent spoofing option can make it more difficult to detect that you are using an iPhone/iPad.
• Block third party cookies or all cookies.
• Disable active content (scripts and multimedia connections) that can be used to track & identify you.
PERFORMANCE NOTE: web browsing through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser.
VIDEO NOTE: video data is transferred outside Tor due to system limitations and WILL compromise your privacy; video sites are NOT supported and are blocked by default. See onionbrowser.com for more information.
NETWORK RESTRICTIONS: Onion Browser does NOT function in China, Iran, and other locations that use Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) network technology to block Tor. ISPs using similarly advanced filtering/censorship technology may also prevent Onion Browser from working.
Onion Browser is open-source software and relies on other projects including The Tor Project and OpenSSL. More information is available at onionbrowser.com
FIXED: In some cases, the address bar could display a forged URL if an attack page generates a certain types of error. Reported by Łukasz Pilorz.