Ranking - Photo-Video (iPad)
Photogene for iPad by Omer Shoor
- It's a full featured photo editor.
- Powerful collage maker.
- Supports uploading multiple photos.
With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos. It's a great companion to the camera connection kit. Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP on iPad 2 and the new iPad (max export resolution on iPad 1 is 8 MP).
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update — version 2.0 — turns it into arguably the best around."
- Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools (dodge/burn, heal, localized effects and more).
- Export or upload several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail.
- Special effects: center focus, tilt-shift, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more.
- Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
- Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
- Metadata viewer: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc (IPTC editor included).
- Resize your photos as you export them.
Why should I pick Photogene?
- Photogene works directly with your iPad's photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
- The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
- Improving your photos is easy, even if you've never used a photo editor before. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll find all the professional tools you need.
- Photogene offers a unique photo browser that can show large thumbnails (requires location-services permission).
- Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
- It's a live product. We update it frequently and add new features users had asked for.
- Photos are now displayed in full resolution in the editor.
- Improved stability and performance throughout the app.
- Redesigned export menu.
- Metadata (IPTC) can now be exported in XMP format.
- Can add lookup values to IPTC fields.
New features for PRO users:
- Bulk geo-tagging. Copy geo-tags from one photo and paste over others.
- Can set DPI for exported photos.
- Improved FTP history viewer.
- New filtering options in photos browser.
- 4 custom retouch layers (instead of just one in previous version).