Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
Ranking - Navigation (iPad)
Radio Navigation Simulator Pro - Instrument Navigation Trainer for Pilots
●● This version of Radio Navigation Simulator, includes all of the features of the Student Edition... with the addition of an HSI, Dual Needle RMI, and a choice of five flight panel configurations for the instrument sets ●●
Radio Navigation Simulator Pro is a precision 2D flight simulator and training aid, designed for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch, that enables pilots and students to practice, understand and become proficient in the use and management of VOR, DME and ADF/RMI instruments, displayed with an HSI or Directional Gyro on a choice of five realistic flight panels.
For students, it’s easy to zoom-in, to either a single beacon, or a set of beacons, drag the airplane around to different locations, and watch the needles react. When ready, fly a prepared exercise or your own routes, in a flight area of 200 x 150 nms, with more than 40 navaid facilities. Printable latitude and longitude area charts are free to download.
★★★★★ "The best IFR training app for the iPhone/iPad. It's very, very good."
★★★★ "A wonderful app, easily worth the price. The design is excellent and very well thought out."
★★★★★ "Does pretty well what it says it does. A useful tool for teaching/learning VOR/ADF navigation. Proposed updates make it sound that future versions will be even more capable. Good, prompt support."
★★★★★ "Great learning tool!"
★★★★★ "Fantastic trainer!"
Review by an experienced airline pilot & aviation blogger, who utilised RNS for a Boeing 737 check ride --
"Little did I know that the 30 minutes I spent playing with his application was the reason I flew the approach so awesomely!"
● Instrument panels optimised for iPhone5, iPhone, iPad & iPad mini, with full support for retina displays.
● Simulator operates within a synthetic flight environment of approx 300 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB navaids.
● Scaleable chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
● Full chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
● Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
● Flight panel and navigation chart simultaneously displayed.
● Realistic flight panel with the following instruments:
● HSI, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI or RBI), RMI (dual needle) and Directional Gyro .
● Fully manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
● Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
● Altitude management and display.
● Flight profile in Real or Compressed time.
● Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
● Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
● All instruments and chart controlled with an intuitive multi gesture interface.
● Touch button flying controls.
● Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
● Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
● Detailed Getting Started help and full User Manual, contained within the app.
● All exercises and chart are seperately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference.
● HSI - Horizontal Situation Indicator.
● RMI - Dual Needle.
● Five flight panel Instrument configuration options.
● Panel layouts optimised for iPhone, iPad & iPad mini.
● Mini flight panels now have more realistic instruments
● Instrument case outer edge 45° markers for Directional Gyro, HSI , ADF, RMI.
● Improved multi page menu system.
● Support for iOS 6.
● App name updated to Pro.
● iPhone 5 Menu - minor display bug fix.