Ranking - Lifestyle (iPhone)
Ranking - Lifestyle (iPad)
Safelog Pilot Logbook by Dauntless Software
The Safelog electronic logbook system is fully compatible with US FAA regulations(including 61.65, Part 91, Part 135, and Part 121 operations) JAA/CAA JAR-FCL, UK CAP 407, Transport Canada, CASA Australia and all other known aviation authorities worldwide. Safelog for iPhone / iPad is easy to use, provides you your flight data wherever you want it, and synchs with your Safelog PC or SafelogWeb accounts with only a few simple clicks. Safelog can be configured to work and look like nearly all paper logbook systems worldwide - even if you have custom requirements, chances are very good that the fields and analyzers can be set up to help you the way you fly. When run on a tablet device, Safelog is the ONLY eLogbook system that provides you with a true logbook view - not a cut down approximation.
IMPORTANT! Safelog for iPhone/iPad is a companion piece that allows you to log flights from your device, manage your aircraft/airports/contacts, perform analysis on your logbook to ensure regulatory and career requirements are met, and other useful things. HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT A STAND-ALONE APPLICATION - IT IS A MOBILE COMPANION PIECE TO ONE OF THE CORE SAFELOG APPLICATIONS. What this means is that you MUST be an active registered user or either SafelogWeb (web based logbook) or Safelog for PC (PC based logbook) (any version) for this Safelog for iPhone to be useful for you. THIS REQUIRES AN ADDITIONAL PURCHASE IF YOU ARE NOT YET A USER OF ONE OF THE TWO 'CORE' SYSTEMS.
The Safelog system works out LESS EXPENSIVE in total while providing FAR MORE FEATURES than either of our two competitors.
Needing to have a 'core' account makes sense, since eventually some day you will want to do things like print your logbook or reports - something that iOS devices of course cannot do. Plus, there is the reality that keeping your logbook only on a portable device that is prone to loss, theft, or breakage would not be very wise.
The full list of Safelog features is too long to list here. Here are just a few:
* Worldwide 70,000+ record airport database
* Duty and Block time logging for airline pilots
* Schedule import from major airline systems (see site for details)
* Expense logging, distance of flight logging
* Aircraft and contact managers
* Highly customizable fields
* Powerful reporting and analysis tools
* Over 100 high quality PDF reports and logbook printouts
* Support for totals entered before Safelog
* Easy syncing with your SafelogPC or SafelogWeb accounts
* Signature Pad + device camera support for signatures and scans
* SEE ALL YOUR LOGBOOK FLIGHTS and filter them as you'd like to compute values of interest ON YOUR DEVICE.
Products which compete with us don't even let you see your entire logbook, much less do filtered analysis on it!
SAFELOG is the ONLY eLogbook product which provides you with a TRUE LOGBOOK VIEW on tablet-type devices, not a cut down approximation! With Safelog, YOUR LOGBOOK LOOKS LIKE YOUR LOGBOOK!
* Legendary ease of use
We offer a FREE TRANSITION SERVICE for users of our core products allowing you to get your data our of more expensive and less capable other electronic logbook programs. Thousands of pilots have migrated to Safelog once they see beyond marketing hype and hidden costs and realize that Safelog really does offer far more for far less even compared to "free" logbooks, which inevitably die out as the developer loses interest. We have been providing eLogbook services since 1997!
Thanks for checking out Safelog!
- More diverse filters for iPad (will be available for iPhone in a version soon)
- Signature pad enhancements
- Synchronization optimizations
- Cool new visual look in many places