Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
Ranking - Navigation (iPad)
Questions are divided into three categories of skill: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
The beginner section covers basic sailing questions typical of the American Sailing Association standard (ASA 101).
The intermediate section covers information needed for basic coastal cruising aboard larger vessels 20' or greater in length. These questions help prepare sailors for the ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising Exam. This section covers more advanced sailing information including weather and navigation off shore, such as aids to navigation.
The advanced section covers information for bare boat chartering, including living aboard a boat and understanding a cruising yacht's engine, galley, and other mechanical equipment. These questions help prepare sailors for the ASA 104 Bare Boat Chartering exam.
There is also a fourth section entitled additional skills which include important information about wind scales and hand signals.
List of features:
Almost 500 questions organized across three skill levels and 15 categories:
1. Boat Anatomy
2. Sailing Terminology
3. Rules and Aids to Navigation
4. Safety Procedures
5. Navigation and Weather
8. Boat Systems
9. Boat Orientation, Planning, and Living Afloat
10. The Beaufort Wind Scale,
11. Hand Signals
Even includes Code Signals.
Basic Keelboat Sailing
Basic Coastal Cruising
USCG Navigation Rules
Compatible with iOS 5.1
- Choose which categories to include in the test.
Number two request:
- Results graph now appears after completing each category.
Number three request :
- Updated phrasing of some questions to improve clarity.
- Spruced up the interface with new icons and colors.
- Displays icon indicating answer result for each question.
- Notes are now also displayed below question names in tables.
- Upgraded to iOS 5.1
- Upgraded to iPhone 5
- Upgraded to universal app for iPad & iPhone