Ranking - Utilities (iPhone)
Scany - network scanner
Easy and user-friendly interface allows even the inexperienced user to get a profound and understandable overview of a network and the running services.
Want to know which devices are connected to your network, which services they provide and whether someone has been using your Wi-Fi without your knowledge? Scany will answer all these questions and many more!
The great thing about Scany is that it offers lots of useful tools in addition to its primary feature of scanning your Wi-Fi, LAN or any other network and providing detailed information about any device connected to it, its domain and network names, addresses and vendor. Scany also includes a whole set of networking utilities - ping, traceroute, remote wake (WOL), Whois, Geo IP and shows information about active network connections along with the external IP address of your router.
Scany is very simple in use. Just type in the domain name of a web site, the IP address of a server or any other networking device and Scany will do everything possible to get the maximum of detailed information about it. It will scan for open ports and running services, detect the hardware manufacturer and all network names assigned to the device, network address range, round trip time and will also provide an easy access to the Whois database for all device’s domain names and IP addresses.
To scan the network and find the devices connected to it you only need to type in the starting and the ending IP addresses that are automatically detected in case of scanning the current Wi-Fi or LAN network address range.
Implementing special scanning techniques Scany FINDS EVEN HIDDEN networking DEVICES on a Wi-Fi or a LAN, whose owners do not want to advertise their presence for various reasons and hide, for example, behind a firewall. Check if someone is using your Wi-Fi, office or home network without your permission and catch the intruder!
- Scan both LAN and the Internet
- Scan any IP address or network range
- Bonjour hostnames lookup
- Windows hostnames lookup (NetBIOS, Samba)
- Device names lookup (UPnP, SSDP, DLNA)
- Country of origin detection of the network owner
- Network range and AS number lookup
- MAC address and hardware vendor lookup
- Wake on LAN or Wi-Fi (by MAC address)
- Wake over the Internet (using proper routers)
- Ping/Trace hosts with integrated tools
- WHOIS hostnames, IP addresses, ASNs
- Know Wi-Fi, VPN, cellular and external IPs
- Group results into multiple histories
- E-mail scan results
- Predefined services for your convenience
- Possibility to add custom services
- Checks ICMP, TCP and UDP
- Ultrafast asynchronous network I/O
MORE COOL APPS
· Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
- UI facelift for iOS 7 and new app icon
- Improved support for iOS 7.0+ and 6.1+
- Updated IP to country database (GeoIP)
- Updated vendors database (OUI)
- Fixed a crash rarely arising during parsing DNS packets
- Fixed a crash that could be because of a big database
- On iOS 7+ the local device MAC-address won't appear (protected by iOS)
- Minor UI tweaks (fixed layouts, alignments)
- Minor bug fixes
*** NOTE ON FURTHER UPDATES ***
The production cycle of all our navigation and networking apps is being switched to more frequent updates. It’s clear by now that the old cycle of rare updates delivering much features doesn’t work well. Basically working for a long time on many features of one app only lead to significant delays in updating other apps. The new cycle is set to deliver small feature updates each one or two months or even as soon as a new feature is ready – we do have really big plans for all of these apps.
Also we now have a dedicated full-time staff member that works on improving manuals for all apps. They are all to be completely rewritten to be simpler to understand in clearer English and to be translated to 10 more languages. Besides new manuals our plan includes writing and recording a set of articles and videos.
We already got a lot of feedback from you. All of it is recorded and has found its place in our plans. If you have some more feature suggestions or corrections to the app translations please tell us using the contact form on our website.
Next feature updates are scheduled for January.
Documentation, articles and videos are set to be update as soon as they are ready.
Like and follow us on Facebook to track updates:
Don’t forget to rate and review the app in iTunes.
This really helps a lot.
Thanks for your great support!