Ranking - Utilities (iPhone)
Scany - network scanner by Pavel Ahafonau
The good about Scany is that it offers lots of useful tools in addition to its primary feature of scanning your Wi-Fi, LAN or any other network and providing detailed information about any device connected to it, its domain and network names, addresses and vendor. Scany also includes a whole set of networking utilities – ping, traceroute, remote wake (WOL), Whois, Geo IP and shows information about active network connections along with the external IP address of your router.
Scany is easy to use – just type in the domain name of a web site, the IP address of a server or any other networking device and Scany will do everything possible to get the maximum of detailed information about it – will scan for open ports and running services, will detect the hardware manufacturer and all network names assigned to the device, network address range, round trip time and also will provide an easy access to the Whois database for all device’s domain names and IP addresses.
To scan the whole network and to find all devices connected to it just type in the starting and the ending IP addresses that are automatically detected in case of scanning the current Wi-Fi or LAN network address range.
It is also worth noting that implementing special scanning techniques Scany finds even hidden networking devices on a Wi-Fi or a LAN, whose owners do not want to advertise their presence for various reasons and hide, for example, behind a firewall. This feature is useful for testing if anyone is using your Wi-Fi access point, office or home network without your permission.
- Scan both LAN and the Internet
- Scan any IP address or network range
- Bonjour hostnames lookup
- Windows hostnames lookup (NetBIOS, Samba)
- Device names lookup (UPnP, SSDP, DLNA)
- Country of origin detection of the network owner
- Network range and AS number lookup
- MAC address and hardware vendor lookup
- Wake on LAN or Wi-Fi (by MAC address)
- Wake over the Internet (using proper routers)
- Ping/Trace hosts with integrated tools
- WHOIS hostnames, IP addresses, ASNs
- Know Wi-Fi, VPN, 3G/EDGE and external IPs
- Group results into multiple histories
- E-mail scan results
- Predefined services for your convenience
- Possibility to add custom services
- Checks ICMP, TCP and UDP
- Faster asynchronous network I/O
- Works with Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE and GPRS
- Uncluttered interface design
DON'T MISS OTHER COOL APPS
• Spyglass ~ augmented reality compass and GPS nav toolkit
• Pilot's Path ~ TV Out & AirPlay optimized game with wireless controls
• True Visage ~ see un-mirrored image and video of you, as others see you
Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Happymagenta
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Happymagenta
More info at http://happymagenta.com/scany/
- Optimized for the 4-inch Retina
- Enhanced for the iOS 6
- Significantly improved reliability and stability
- Improved detection of network hosts and devices
- Improved detection of open ports, running services
- Speedup of scanning non-firewalled/non-shaped hosts
- WHOIS supports many new TLDs and IDNs
- 32-bit internationalized domain names (IDN) support
- Corrected WHOIS output encoding for some TLDs and IDNs
- Significantly improved Wake on LAN (WOL)
- Auto-sending extra WOL packets to both LAN and WAN
- External IP address auto-filled in WOL settings
- Improved asynchronous DNS lookup logic
- Improved processing of A>CNAME>…>CNAME>A records
- Fixed DNS packet unpacking bug
- Fixed rare trace socket pool overflow bug
- Fixed rare ping socket pool overflow bug
- Fixed ping sequence overflow after 192 packets
- Fixed net mask bug for 172.16.0.0/12 IP net range
- Updated IP to country database
- Updated vendors database
Now it finds, detects and shows even more info, and makes it faster than ever.
Algorithms we developed employ advanced techniques that allow finding and detecting more hosts, devices, open ports, and running services.
Special techniques of analysis of the network behavior of non-firewalled and non-traffic-shaped network hosts provide faster speed of scanning, and improved reliability of detection of firewall status and network services of a host.
The advanced WHOIS module now supports even more top-level domains (TLDs) and internationalized domains names (IDNs), just all known to date.
17 new TLDs and 6 new IDNs, which WHOIS servers became available recently, were added. TLDs: BI, BJ, BY, CI, DM, HR, IQ, MO, NC, OM, POST, QA, RS, SM, SO, SX, TN. IDN equivalents for TLD zones: KR, KZ, QA, RS, and 2 SG IDNs equivalents.
The Wake on LAN module is now easier to set up.
When a host is being added and scanned its record is automatically updated with the external IP address of the router. Thus, there is no need to type in the WAN IP address for WOL manually. Also, it now sends extra WOL packets to both LAN and WAN eliminating the need to switch between LAN and WAN.
Stay tuned for more updates - visit http://happymagenta.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.