Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
Scout GPS, Maps, Voice Navigation & Traffic
NEW! People Power—Now that Scout is people powered so your maps will always be improving,
NEW! You Power—You can contribute to the community too! While you're driving around with Scout, be sure to report issues with the map or your trip so we can work with one of the millions of OSM editors to fix them pretty quickly.
•Easier to use design—Get around the app much easier and faster with fewer taps to the important things like your Recents and saved Likes.
•Interactive Dashboard map—Zoom and pan, see what’s nearby, and get your traffic-based commute drive times right on the map, with one-tap navigation!
•Suggested places nearby—Ditch the guesswork and save time by checking out the food and drink suggestions near you. The more you use Scout the better the recommendations get.
•Avoid traffic—Get the most efficient routes with the least amount of traffic, one-tap adaptive rerouting to avoid jams, and street-level traffic views while reporting any traffic or police on your route to help fellow Scout users to avoid speeding tickets.
•Get free voice guidance—Get to your destination with free turn-by-turn, voice navigation, and just say “Hey, Scout!” to activate voice commands to search or drive hands-free.
GET THINGS DONE
•Search Ahead while navigating—Search for coffee, food, the cheapest gas, or popular chains when you’re already on your way along your route—so you don’t have to detour or backtrack!
•Add a pit stop along the way—When you find what you need with Search Ahead, tap to add it as a pit stop and be routed there. Scout adjusts your ETA and continues navigating you to your original destination when you’re ready to get back on your way!
•Find the cheapest parking when you arrive—Get the lowest-priced parking options on a map as you approach your destination—available in more than 100 cities in the US.
CONNECT WITH PEOPLE
•Share and Like from the map—Share your location to check in or meet up easily with friends or add it for later in your Likes. You can even mark a spot on the map and share it by pressing and holding.
•No more “where are you??” texts—Let others know when you’ll be there and let them follow your real-time progress on a map with OnMyWay® ETA-sharing.
•Get your questions answered with free, live support at http://ourcommunity.scout.me.
What’s the word on Scout?
“Scout is as easy on the eyes as it is easy to use.” - Mashable
“Scout is my preferred iOS maps alternative.” Joel Evans, ZDNet
“Scout is immediately a commuter’s best friend.” Jamie Lendino, PCMagazine
“Scout wins Best for Design” Travel & Leisure, Best GPS Apps for Travel
•Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
•Scout’s map and search coverage is currently for the USA only.
• Search Ahead while navigating to find coffee, food, gas, or popular chains up ahead along your route—never behind or off track! Add a pit stop and be routed there. Scout adjusts your ETA and continues navigating you to your original destination when you’re done!
• Find the cheapest parking—Get the lowest priced parking options on a map as you approach your destination—available in more than 100 cities in the US.
• Interact with the Dashboard by zooming and panning, check out what’s nearby, and get your traffic-based commute drive times right on the map with one-tap navigation!
• Get food and drink suggestions nearby on the map. The more you use Scout the better the suggestions get, based on time of day, location and day of the week.
• Share your location from the map to meet up with friends or save it to your Likes for later. Mark a spot directly on the map by pressing and holding.