Ranking - Education (iPhone)
Ranking - Education (iPad)
Signed Stories by ITV Broadcasting Limited
Stories come to life when Dexter the robot reads to his friends from the magical story chair - come and explore the wonderful world of children’s books with Signed Stories.
Signed Stories is the world’s first animated storytelling app with both British and American Sign Language! Download the free app now and get The Three Billy Goats Gruff for free - you choose whether you want it in ASL or BSL.
And there is a free ASL or BSL video dictionary which grows with every book you read.
The Three Billy Goats Gruff
“Who’s that trip-trapping over my bridge?”, roared the troll.
“Just me!” called out the youngest Billy Goat Gruff. “I’m going up to the meadow on the hill to eat and eat! I’m really hungry!”
“I’m really hungry too”, snarled the troll. “And I’m bigger than you...!”
● Choose books from themed story worlds: Adventure, Baby and Toddler, Fairytales and Folktales, Families and Friendships, Funny, Open House, Slimy Scary
● Get two sign language games, ‘Pairs’ and ‘What’s the Sign?’, with every book - play against the clock... can you beat your time?!
● Personalise your bookshelf with your name, beautifully detailed backgrounds and brightly coloured characters
● Save your favourites to make them easier to find
● Designed with simple, intuitive navigation and big touch points so watching stories and playing games is easy and super fun for everyone
● All stories are available to buy with British and American Sign Language translations
● Books are available to buy as in-app purchases from the Signed Stories store
● Customizable subtitles make reading easier for children and adults with dyslexia
● You can turn the subtitles and sign language translations on and off
● Ten signs are added to your video dictionary with every book
● Story notes will help adults get the most out of every book, at home and in the classroom and a subtle colour system will guide adults when choosing books for children
● Save purchased books for later to free up space on your device
Signed Stories has been developed by sign language experts to make brilliant books accessible to deaf and hearing children, and those with special educational needs including Autism, Dyslexia, Down’s Syndrome, Asperger’s and Cerebral Palsy.
Signed Stories is also an award-winning website signedstories.com and a hugely successful television series on CITV, ITV’s specialist children’s channel, in the UK.
Books available to buy in the store now:
First Time Nursery
Dingo Dog and The Billabong Storm
The Ant and the Big Bad Bully Goat
The Cockerel, the Mouse and the Little Red Hen
The Elves and the Shoemaker
The Frog Prince
The Lost Stars
Rabbit Cooks up a Cunning Plan
Three Little Pigs
Hansel and Gretel