Ranking - Medical (iPhone)
Skin Prevention – Photo Body Map for Melanoma and Skin Cancer early detection
Skin Prevention allows you to make your or your family photographics body map and then to give helpfull information to your doctor.
Skin Prevention allows to take the story of your body so you can relax a little while still taking responsibility for your health. Use it for every member of your family, so if any problems do crop up, you’ll have early detection on your side.
The App helps you to take control of the evolution of spots of your skin, moles, scars, ulcers or any new skin formation.
Take in attention the evolution of your skin can help for early detection of dysplastic nevi, melanoma, basal cell carcinoma (BCC), squamous cell carcinoma.
Although it is not a substitute for medical visits and you should still visit a skin cancer screening clinic at least once a year, Skin Prevention can help you keep an eye out
for potential problems. Just take or upload a picture of part or all of your body to the app for initial reference. Add new photos as often as you like. Skin Prevention will store and compare the photographs and note if there are any changes in the condition of your skin since the last photo.
This important application manages all of the vital statistics of the body areas you are monitoring. If you need to, you can download all of that useful information by email or by a direct internet connection, to help your medical practitioner give you faster diagnosis and treatment.
You get critically important features in Skin Prevention:
• Handles multiple users, a lot of detailed fields will help you: person and family or doctor to categorize the patients
• Fully compatible with Handyscope by FotoFinder and with DermScope by Canfield
• Intuitive and private, password protected
• Locates the photographed areas of the human body by analyzing photographs or by using a list of areas, organized in order of importance
• Manages vital statistics of the photographed area giving details of the user, photographs of the whole area or part of it, relevant dates, level of attention, deadlines, notes, etc.
• Allows you to take and elaborate photographs, or to import existing photographs
• Stores photographs which can be compared or overlaid
• Allow you to send by email your photographs
• Offers WiFi or Internet access to enable you to download or telediagnose your photographs
• Connection to the internet is not required.
• Available in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch.
• In collaboration with www.myskin.it
• Promoted by the International Society of Dermatoscopy (IDS) www.dermatoscopy-ids.org
• Promoted by the Italian Association of surgery Dermatologists (AIDA) www.aida.it
• Presented during the XIX° Italian Meeting of AIDA - september 2010 - Turin
• Presented during the I° International Workshop of Dermatoscopy - october 2010 - Rome