Ranking - Travel (iPhone)
Ranking - Travel (iPad)
SpeakEasy French ~ Offline Phrasebook and Flashcards with Native Speaker Voice and Phonetics
Perfect for those traveling to France, Quebec or other French-speaking regions, this phrasebook covers essential phrases on topics such as meeting people, eating out, transportation, sightseeing, shopping and many more.
Written specifically for English-speakers, this phrasebook leaves no room for mispronunciation. Each phrase includes a translation to French, an easy-to-read phonetic translation, and an audio recording of a native French speaker - all contained in a well structured, user-friendly interface.
Whether you choose to browse phrases by category, or use the search facility to instantly find what you're looking for, SpeakEasy French is an efficient lifeline when you know what to say but don't know how.
• 800 essential travel phrases with both French and phonetic translations plus audio.
• Audio clips recorded by a native speaker to help you perfect your pronunciation.
• Flashcards with English on one side and French on the other side, that you can use to study and test yourself.
• Slow-play feature that plays audio at a slow speed to assist learning.
• Search facility to instantly find the phrase you're looking for.
• Favorites feature to provide fast access to your favorite phrases.
• Adjustable text size. You can use a larger text size for added clarity.
• Hide the phonetics. If you're a pro and don't need the extra assistance, the phonetics can be hidden.
• Copy the translations to the clipboard and paste them into any app you wish.
• Support for US English, UK English and Canadian English spelling.
• No internet connection required. The app will work no matter where you are.
• Designed for iOS 7. Compatible with iOS 6.
INCLUDES OVER 800 PHRASES, SUCH AS:
• Where is the restroom?
• Are you married?
• Let's go to a restaurant
• Do you speak French?
• I don't speak French
• Do you understand me?
• Call a doctor!
• I've run out of medication
• I need the consulate
• How do I get to the … ?
• How much does a ticket cost?
• When is the next museum tour?
• Please call a taxi
• How much does it cost?
• Where is luggage check-in?
• Where can I rent a car?
• My car has broken down
• Can I see the menu?
• Do you have a menu in English?
• What do you recommend?
• For dessert, I'll have …
• That was delicious!
• Do you accept credit cards?
• A glass of red wine
• Where can I buy … ?
• How much does this cost?
• Can I try this on?
• I need a hotel …
• I have a reservation
• I have lost the room key
• What time is check-out?
• Where is the nearest bank?
• What is the exchange rate?
• What time is it?
• Can I get a cash advance?
• You are very pretty
• You are very handsome
• What is your telephone number?
• I will miss you
• Thanks for the evening
EXPANSION PHRASE PACKS
• Additional phrase packs are available for purchase to expand SpeakEasy French to over 1,650 phrases.
• All phrase packs include audio recordings by the same native speaker, plus French and phonetic translations.
• Phrase pack contents can be viewed from within the app.
Our most popular feature request, by far, is finally here. Our flashcards show English on the front and French on the back. Just drag your finger to flip the card over and see the other side. If you'd prefer to have French on the front instead of the back, this can be changed in Settings.
• Menu Icons!
We've added some great new icons to the main menu, to provide a quick visual reference for each category.
- ➜ SpeakEasy French ~ Offline Phrasebook and Flashcards with Native Speaker Voice and Phonetics is a highly rated app (4.5-star).
- ➜ SpeakEasy French ~ Offline Phrasebook and Flashcards with Native Speaker Voice and Phonetics is currently ranked #58 in paid Travel apps for iPhone, as well as #79 in paid Travel apps for iPad.