Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
Ranking - Navigation (iPad)
Spot Buddy Features
- View tracking details from multiple tracking systems including Spot Buddy and SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger.
- View multiple GPS trackers on the map at the same time. Keep watch on a group or fleet.
- Maintain a list of GPS trackers of friends, family, and coworkers. With the tap of your finger, you can zoom to their last known position on the map and visually see their route details.
- Speed, distance, and heading between GPS points are automatically calculated.
- Speed and distance can be viewed in statute miles, kilometers, or nautical miles.
- Easily share your list of trackers with other people or receive a list from others using email.
Built-in GPS Location Tracking
Spot Buddy features a built-in GPS tracker that you can use to share your travel route with family, friends, or co-workers. With the tap of a button, Spot Buddy will send your GPS position to the Spot Buddy service at 3 or 10 minute intervals. Then they can view your travel route on a map. You can even send check-in messages to let them know how your trip is going. If you prefer to keep your location details private, you can give your tracker a password so that only people you trust can follow your location.
Spot Buddy only turns on the GPS for a short time to accurately determine your location then goes to sleep to conserve battery power as much as possible. For long trips, try to plug your iPhone or iPad into external power.
Sleep mode can be disabled while using the built-in tracker for uninterrupted tracking. At 25% battery power, sleep mode is enabled again to prevent the battery from being fully drained.
The Spot Buddy location tracker is simply the easiest tracker to use in the app store. Give your tracker a name, set an optional password, tap the start tracking button and away it goes. No registration forms or complicated setup required!
SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger Tracking
With Spot Buddy, you can view SPOT tracks on your iPhone or iPad without having to use the limited functionality SPOT Shared Pages website. Here are the SPOT features included with Spot Buddy:
- View more than one SPOT track on the same map. It's great for tracking groups or your fleet!
- Spot Buddy uses the built-in iPhone/iPad map features that are much faster than the map used on the SPOT Shared Page website. Scrolling with your finger and pinch-and-zoom are all built in making map use a breeze!
- View SPOT check-in messages. When a SPOT user presses a check-in button on their device, you see the message in Spot Buddy.
- View both public and password protected SPOT tracks (knowledge of password is required).
Spot Buddy supports the recent API changes made by the SPOT GPS Messenger folks.
To learn more about the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger, visit www.findmespot.com
Cellular data or wifi service is required to retrieve GPS tracking information from the Spot Buddy and SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger services.
The built-in GPS tracker requires cellular data or wifi service to send tracking information to the Spot Buddy service.
When using the built-in GPS tracker, Spot Buddy must be the active app so that it can determine and send your location over the network. These are Apple restrictions and we follow them.
Excessive use of the GPS can drain the battery. Use external power if possible.