Ranking - Education (iPhone)
Star Walk ™ - The Astronomy Guide to View Stars, Planets & Night Sky Map
***Over 10 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
***No In-App Purchases***
Star Walk now works with Apple Watch to alert you of upcoming astronomical events.
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
• Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
• Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
• There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk - don't miss out!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
This new update brings you Calendar of astronomy events for 2016, with automatic alerts for global events, ISS passes and iridium flares.
Star Walk now supports native resolution of iPad Pro. We have also fixed iPhone 6s/6s+ object selection bug and few other bugs connected with stable work of the app.
We know we can be sometimes slow with our updates although your supportive reviews and letters give us motivation to move forwards. Please feel free to share the love on the App Store/Facebook/Twitter. We promise we read every note and will do our best to be responsive.
Team Star Walk