Ranking - Reference (iPad)
Discover the power of a professional sky atlas with 2,500,000 stars in the palm of your hand. Point telescopes easily on faint objects using the eyepiece mode. Prepare your observations with the automatic selection of tonight's best objects. With Starmap HD Edition, add the power of desktops' planetariums to your iPad™.
Starmap is the original planetarium app, and has been designed by a professional of the field of scientific instrumentation.
With the iPad compass, Starmap HD displays the exact portion of the sky you
are pointing at. Hold the device in your line of vision and discover the map
smoothly scanning the sky as you move.
Starmap eye piece mode lets you define your mean of observation and displays the exact map of what you see in binoculars and telescopes. A must have for beginners and advanced astronomers.
Starmap HD comes with a host of extra features, including Featured section for
special objects in your area, Logbook to track your findings with text, Alarms
to alert you for special events. Starmap Pro also features detailed information about individual galaxies, clusters, and nebulae.
Discover the power of a professional sky atlas in the palm of your hand.
Starmap Pro is an intelligent sky navigation tool, written by a professional of
With Starmap HD Edition, add the power of digital planetariums to your iPad.
iOS 5 optimized.
- 2,500,000 stars
- Tycho 2 catalog
- SAO catalog
- 8,300 stars with physical characteristics
- Maximum magnitude 16
- Messier catalog
- Full NGC/IC/Caldwell catalogs
- Abell/SAO/HD/HIP identifiers
- A complete moon map with 9000 features
- 13,000 deep sky objects with physical characteristics
- Complete ephemeris for 25,000 sky objects
- Full solar system ephemeris, including planets satellites
- Moon map with 9900 references
- Moon phase calendar
- Meteor zones
- Searches by text and ids
- Featured objects selection
- Automatic selection of the best observable objects
TELESCOPES & OPTICS:
- Telescope control through wi-fi for most devices
- Eyepiece view with real apparent sizes of objects
- Optics database with barlows, focal reducers, CCDs, finders
- Dual and single reticles
- Equatorial and azimuthal reticles
- Fast change of optics with pinch and zoom
- Eyepiece mode swapping with a simple device flip
- Full night vision red mode
- Sky and stars brightness adjustment
- Orientation and search arrow
- Photos timers
- Alarms on sky objects events
- Live time changer
- Integrated lamp
- Supports portrait and landscape mode
- Compass support for 3GS and 4
- Coordinates display
- Full control of colors of map items
- 500 cities database
- User locations
- GPS/Gyro and compass support
- Minor bugs corrections