Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
Ranking - Navigation (iPad)
Tank Timer by WillisWare
Be sure to follow @FuelTankTimer on Twitter for announcements about features and upcoming versions!
Tank Timer features:
1) airplane profiles that you can create for each airplane you fly
2) separate burn rates for each phase of flight
3) automatic burn rate selection via GPS
4) highly visual representations of your fuel situation
5) notifications when it's time to switch tanks even when you are running other applications
6) view your route of flight on a map
7) export your route for viewing in 3D on your computer
NOTIFICATIONS: Be sure to change the notification style for this app to "Alerts" so that you don't miss them! Here's how:
1) Open up the "Settings" app on the IPhone
2) Click on "Notifications"
3) Find "Tank Timer" in the list of applications and click on it
4) Change the alert style to "Alerts"
In iOS 5, Apple change the default notification style to "Banners" for apps, and these are VERY easy to miss! With something as critical as a fuel tank reminder, you do NOT want to miss them!
VIEW TRIPS ON A MAP
Click the "View Trips" button to see past trips that you have taken (it will only show trips recorded since installing v1.0.3). Tap on the trip to view it on a map. Click the "Export" button on the map screen to email a KML file to yourself, which can then be viewed in 3D in a desktop mapping application.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Fixed an issue with background timers not always firing (sorry!)