Ranking - Games (iPhone)
The Oregon Trail
Embark on Gameloft's refreshing revisit of the classic game you used to play on Apple II now.
The press already love it. You’ll love it too.
**IGN: 8,5/10 + Editors's Choice Award: “A smart remake of the acclaimed classic, complete with fantastic new visuals. You'll jam on it for weeks."
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 + Gold Award - "An example of how classic games can be remade for modern play without losing nostalgic lustre or alienating with outdated design"
**Touch Arcade: “The Oregon Trail for iPhone really does seem to make dysentary fun again!”
Westward, Ho! Your favorite pioneering adventure game is back and takes you to an exciting, historical side-scrolling adventure entirely rethought to fit the Touch experience of your iPhone / iPod touch.
REMEMBER AMERICA’S CULTURAL ICONIC GAME
- All of the decision-making and problem-solving fun of the original game.
- Prepare for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase supplies.
- Fun and educational! Historical references through real locations and famous characters from the past, plus historic facts perfectly explain the perilous journey of pioneers.
A WILDER EXPERIENCE THAN YOU'VE EVER PLAYED BEFORE
- 8 skill-based mini-games, including 2 accelerometer-based challenges: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraph, berry picking, and gold panning.
- Random events (disease, bandits, hitchhikers, etc.) faced by real pioneers increases the challenge.
- Side-missions add more excitement to your journey, affecting your westward trek.
- Refreshed with modern, colored graphics in a cartoonish style.
UPDATED WITH FACEBOOK CONNECT
- Post your achievements on your Wall.
- Challenge your friends by inviting them to play The Oregon Trail with the Tell A Friend feature.
JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
- On Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheOregonTrail.
- On Twitter at twitter.com/TheOregonTrail.
Highly recommended for fans of retro gaming, edutainment, educational games, and strategy.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
- Access the Store any time during the game from the in-game menu.
- New items, including materials, to combine to create new equipment, food, medicines to cure illnesses, covers to reduce food consumption, etc.
- Combine specific materials to create new equipment.
- Barter materials for other ones you need.
- Undertake additional missions that reward you in coins and equipment.
- Purchase buildings in towns to earn coins regularly during your journey.