Ranking - Books (iPad)
The Waking Prince
“Ingenious software design” and “lively, fluent prose...” (Kirkus Reviews)
“...written with fairy tale–appropriate language and imagery while raising contemporary issues of class and power. Sharp-eyed users may note allusions to traditional tales in the beautifully detailed pencil drawings...” (The Horn Book)
"The illustrations are beautiful, detailed and engaging." (Parents' Club of Palo Alto and Menlo Park)
Witches have LONG wanted a tight lid kept on this story. Many a story elf has risked life and limb to tell it. You see, beside the fairy tale kingdoms you have long visited is another kingdom. This kingdom might look the same from a distance, green and glittering, but it is not. Witches (an infestation) darken the skies at dusk, and innocent VILLAGERS suffer the same cruel spells that only princesses suffer in other tales. No one is safe here.
Young Prince Jeremy may have wished to be born somewhere else, somewhere simpler. Yet, with spellbound in such abundance, snoring and croaking in plain view, he cannot avoid seeing the truth. Will he change the role of prince to something brand new?
As you read, a little-known elven story dimension called The Couplet will allow you to step out of the book and into this kingdom. So, settle into 70-fully illustrated pages of story, 35 elven Couplets and a fairy tale that has waited CENTURIES to be told!
Before and after the tale, there is quite a bit more to enjoy...
* An additional story, “The Story of the Story,” recounts the vexing situations that arose before the final ink of “The Waking Prince” dried. This true tale speaks of elven rules ignored by a stubborn writer elf, a story flaw found by Joble, the editor elf, and a tense meeting in the forest to determine the fate of the book.
* From his treetop office, Tristan the dapper tarsier will explain how readers can become “The Last Character in the Story.”
* And, “The Next Story” peeks at private journal entries regarding a newly spotted character and a possible new story for the elves.
Read on! Discover if Princess Eleanor, the inn keeper’s beloved dog and so many innocent children, shopkeepers and farmers ever come to...
The Story Elves Newsroom: http://thestoryelves.com/newsroom/
The Story Elves Workshop: http://thestoryelves.com/
- Now looks gloriously large on the iPad Pro
- Story refinements
- Crash and bug fixes, particularly for older iPads