Ranking - Navigation (iPhone)
TransitGuru Chicago by Toccata Technologies Inc.
This application covers the following transit agencies in in the greater Chicago area:
-- CTA L Rail
-- CTA Bus
-- Metra Rail
-- NICTD's South Shore Line
-- PACE Bus
-- Offline schedules for any line or station/stop for any date and time. They include the time for the first and last train or bus
- Rail and bus stations and lines are separated for easy navigation. For example, if you take a train, you will not be cluttered with bus stops or lines.
- An ability to download system maps and use them offline. Use familiar iPhone gestures to zoom in/out, and pan the map
- Station info including Google Map, nearby restaurants, and other attractions provided by Yelp.com.
- Directions between two stops are visually marked in the Map in the Route tab, which also includes scheduled departure and arrival times
- Built-in timer to wake you up before the estimated arrival
- Intuitive user interface to navigate among the transit map, lines, stations, routes, and bookmarked Favorites
- Top five nearest stations using GPS with walking and driving directions from your current location
- Add any station and route into your Favorites that you can access at anytime
- Sync the schedule database with one click to keep it up-to-date with the latest schedule published by the transit authority
- Visit the official transit system website within the app
- Browse the latest service advisories within the app
Transit systems change the schedules on the regular basis. TranstGuru is one of the only transit app that has been kept up with the latest schedule. Please follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the announcement of schedule changes.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ToccataTech
Join us on the TransitGuru Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/TransitGuruMobile
In the app, you can go to Setting/Sync Database to check if there is new database. You can then tap on the top right Sync button to get the new database. After the db is downloaded, make sure to exist the app and restart it to pick up the new database.