Ranking - Weather (iPhone)
Weather Now for iPhone 5 by DeluxeWare
Amazingly beautiful 3D images of our planet draws your attention for so long that you may forget that the application has other useful features that allows you easy access to precise, global weather information.
The main features of “Weather Now” are the “home screen” and the forecast page with a unique way of scaling the charts. On the “home screen”, you can get information on the selected location such as local time and current weather with detailed weather conditions, and, of course, an incredibly beautiful three-dimensional image of the globe with realistic-looking atmosphere, the sun and the stars. You can manually turn it, increase and decrease its size, run the slow spinning animation or stop it. Installed in a cradle or dock station, the application can run as a screensaver, attracting your friends and fellows.
The weather forecast is provided by CustomWeather, Inc, an American weather provider of global weather information for over 11 years. CustomWeather is a leader in technology and meteorological innovation, providing local weather information to companies and application developers around the world.
The current weather data is gathered from thousands of professionally installed and maintained weather stations installed mostly at airports. WeatherNow only shows current weather from stations that have reported local weather conditions within the past hour. Current weather data is refreshed every 30 minutes; that is twice as frequent as most other weather providers can offer. Unique 48-hour forecasts from over 80,000 locations around the world provide a level of coverage and detail that simply cannot be found elsewhere.
Current weather information includes: description, air temperature, wind direction and force, humidity, dew point, pressure, visibility, as well as comfort index with reference to current weather conditions.
Detailed weather forecast information includes: description, day and night air temperature, wind direction and force, humidity, UV index, probability of precipitation, and comfort index with reference to current weather conditions.
• Easily select different cities using the city carousel with national flags
• Chic 3D “home screen” with high-quality real-time image of the earth, atmosphere, the stars and the sun
• Quick launch
• Share weather info use your Twitter account. Device with iOS 5 or higher supported only
• Optimized to run with iOS interface
• 15-day forecast chart with detailed daily weather conditions, independent day and night temperature charts
• 48-hour hourly forecast with detailed information with real-time changing of chart step
• Database of 80 000 cities with weather information, quick look-up and automatic detection of location
- Languages translations bug fixed
- Minors bug fixed