Ranking - Weather (iPhone)
Ranking - Weather (iPad)
WeatherGeek Pro 2
Choose weather maps for North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia*** and tropical regions* from our “global” suite of models which include the GFS (Global Forecasting System), GEFS (Global Ensemble Forecasting System), the NAEFS (North American Ensemble Forecast System), the WW3 (Wave Watch 3) Model and the ECMWF** (European) Model.
You can also choose “regional” weather maps for North America, the United States and Alaska from the NAM (North American Mesoscale), NAM4 (4km NAM), the SREF (Short Range Ensemble Forecast), the HRW-NMM, the HRW-ARW (High Resolution Window WRF) and the all-new RAP (Rapid Update) model.
View over 70 advanced weather parameters for all regions across the continental United States in stunning Retina-quality high resolution clarity with the HRRR (High Resolution Rapid Refresh) Model interface.**
Scan the atmosphere in three dimensions by checking out skew-t (weather balloon data) charts for the continental United States.**
Not a huge WeatherGeek and want to see more traditional weather maps? No problem! Check out our WPC Interface which allows you to view current and future surface weather maps out to seven days along with QPF (Quantified Precipitation Forecast) maps, and other weather hazard maps for the United States and southern Canada.**
Easily navigate through the maps by simply swiping your finger to advance or go backwards in time. You can also swipe your finger up and down to control which level of the atmosphere you are viewing. To see more detail for your area, easily zoom in and out on the maps by pinching or stretching. Drag your finger around on the map to scroll. Tap the play button to animate the maps and to see weather features progress in time. Draw on the maps using the drawing tool. Best of all, you have the ability to share all of these map images on popular social networking platforms like Facebook and Twitter with the tap of your finger.
• Numerical weather model maps for the United States, North America, South America, Africa, North Pacific, East Pacific, Western Atlantic, Atlantic, Europe, Asia, Australia*** and the South Pacific.*
• GFS, GEFS, NAEFS, WW3, POLAR, NAM, NAM4, SREF, HRW-NMM, HRW-ARW, RAP, ECMWF** and HRRR** models available.
• Display multiple levels such as surface, 850mb, 700mb, 500mb, 300mb, 250mb, 200mb plus many more.
• View a variety of products such as precipitation, thickness, winds, pressure, vorticity, precipitable water, relative humidity, heights, streamlines and simulated radar.
• Access U.S. and southern Canada weather maps from the WPC (Weather Prediction Center) including current and future surface maps out to 7 days, QPF and weather hazard maps.**
• View skew-t charts (weather balloon data) for stations across the continental U.S.**
• Display upper air maps.
• Zoom and scroll maps.
• Animate maps.
• Draw on maps.
• Share maps on Facebook, Twitter and via Email.
• Access MOS tables for the U.S. (MAV, MET, MEX, GFS LAMP).
• Instantly access all U.S. National Weather Service text products.
*support for regions other than the U.S. or North America require an in-app purchase
**requires an in-app purchase
*** Only ECMWF data is available for Australia at this time and requires an in-app purchase.
For more, please visit our website at www.weathergeekpro.com
• Draw on maps and images using the new drawing tool.
• Instant access to U.S. National Weather Service products using the new “NWS” interface.
• HPC Menu updated to reflect name change to WPC.
• Added data source acknowledgments to iOS Settings Menu.
• Various bug fixes and performance enhancements.